Kickstart your research career with a program from the ITM’s parent organization, the National Institutes of Health’s (NIH). The NIH’s Center for Scientific Review (CSR) Early Career Reviewer program helps emerging researchers gain training and peer review experience. To apply, you must:
- Have two years experience as a full-time faculty member or researcher in a similar role. Post-Doctoral Fellows are not eligible, but may become eligible following completion of their training.
- Show evidence of an active independent program of research.
- Have at least two recent senior authored research publications in peer-reviewed journals in the last two years.
- Have not served on a CSR study section in a role other than a mail reviewer or American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) reviewer.
- Current funding is not required. Conversely, anyone who has received an R01 award is over-qualified to serve as an ECR and could be considered as a temporary reviewer.
The Early Career Reviewer program is now accepting applications.