The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has honored three Chicagoland universities Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) from its National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) to develop, demonstrate, and disseminate innovative research tools and discoveries.
The University of Chicago Institute for Translational Medicine (ITM) collaborates with the more than 60 members of the CTSA consortium across the country, as well as two local institutes: Northwestern University’s Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (NUCATS) and the University of Illinois at Chicago’s Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS).
The three Chicagoland CTSAs united to form the Regional Chicago CTSA Consortium (RC3), which leverages local resources and educational opportunities to serve investigators and community stakeholders throughout the city. And now investigators can seamlessly use each other’s core facilities, thanks to an RC3 and Chicago Biomedical Consortium initiative to foster collaboration. Graduate students at RC3 universities can also take courses at any of the three schools as part of the Chicago Metropolitan Exchange Program.
Enjoy taking advantage of the below additional opportunities offered by each group.
- Monthly Bioinformatics Training and Workshop Learning Series
- Committee on Clinical and Translational Sciences (CCTS) Courses
- Essentials of Patient-Oriented Research (EPOR) Training
- myCHOICE (my CHicago Options In Career Empowerment) Public Seminars
- Outcomes Research Workshops (ORW)
- Pathobiology of Disease Seminar Series
- Summer Program in Outcomes Research Training (SPORT)
- Biostatistics Collaboration Center (BCC) Lectures and Seminars
- Clinical Research Coordinator Basic Training Live and Online (offered at CTSA discounted rate)
- Clinical and Translational Research Summer Seminar Series for Medical Students
- Community-Engaged Research Resource Library, Workshops, Seminars and Training Events and Quarterly Manuscript Writing Retreats
- First Mondays Faculty Development Seminar Series for Postdocs and Early Career Faculty
- Galter Health Sciences Library Classes and Workshops
- Introduction to Clinical Research Suite: Interactive Online Training (available to myNUCATS members)
- Mentor Development Workshops
- Team Science Online Learning Modules
- Biomedical & Health Informatics Colloquium
- CCTS YouTube Channel: Informed Consent in Action & REDCap training demos
- CIRTification: Human Research Protection Training
- Clinical Research Boot Camp (offered at internal rate)
- Clinical Research Methods Online Certificate Program (offered through Chicago Metropolitan Exchange)
- Community-Based Research Boot Camp (offered at internal rate)
- Health Disparities Research Online Certificate Program (offered through Chicago Metropolitan Exchange)
- Health Outcomes Series
- Professional Development Series
- UIC University Library Health Science Guides and Tutorials
- 3-Day Summer Program