The MENTOR Program: Providing opportunity, promoting diversity
After years of researching health disparities, one thing Karen Kim, MD, Professor of Medicine (pictured… [more]
ITM’s Clinical Resource Center: Providing services that make unique research possible
An ongoing study conducted by Kristen Jacobson, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry (pictured at right),… [more]
2013 ITM Summer RCR Course Announced
The Institute for Translational Medicine will hold its second Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Summer… [more]
New York Times Features Research of ITM Investigator Dana Suskind, MD
There's no instruction manual for parenting, but researchers like Dana Suskind, MD, hope to give parents… [more]
Short-Term Study Awards Provide Residents Freedom in Research
Christian Soneru, MD, started his research block in Spring 2010. The Department of Surgery Chief Resident… [more]
The Institute for Translational Medicine (ITM) strives to speed the rate at which research progress actually improves healthcare practice and community health. We connect researchers and community organizations with funding, training, and resources to find effective ways to prevent and treat disease in real-world settings.
As part of the National Institutes of Health/National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences-funded Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) program, we work with a consortium of 61 institutions toward advancing medicine in innovative ways.
The ITM aims to:
- Train and support new translational research investigators
- Catalyze health research collaborations across the University of Chicago, our partner institutions, and in the community
- Determine the molecular underpinnings of disease and disease predisposition
- Engage our community at all stages of the research process and provide useful health information
- Provide infrastructure that promotes novel translational research and clinical advances
- Create a more unified research environment committed to results
Explore our website to learn more about the exciting opportunities the ITM offers to researchers and community members alike, including:
You can also learn about many of the ground-breaking advances we’re making across the translational science spectrum on our News page.
To stay up to date on ITM news and events, join our listserv.