Are Your Publications Compliant with the NIH Public Access Policy?
Did you know that the ITM’s Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) is awarded by the National… [more]
Science They Can See
Pritzker medical students are providing hands-on science lessons to South Side kids with the aid of an… [more]
Winter 2013 Issue of ITM Investigator Now Available Online
The ITM Investigator is a quarterly e-newsletter that provides clinical and translational researchers… [more]
Apply for the CTSA K12 Career Development Award
The ITM is now accepting applications for the CTSA Career Development Award. The goal of the CTSA… [more]
Call for Applications: K12 Career Development Program in Omics of Lung Disease
The ITM is now accepting applications for the new K12 Career Development Program in Omics of Lung Disease.… [more]
The Institute for Translational Medicine (ITM) strives to speed the rate at which research progress actually improves healthcare practice and community health. We connect researchers and community organizations with funding, training, and resources to find effective ways to prevent and treat disease in real-world settings.
As part of the National Institutes of Health/National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences-funded Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) program, we work with a consortium of 61 institutions toward advancing medicine in innovative ways.
The ITM aims to:
- Train and support new translational research investigators
- Catalyze health research collaborations across the University of Chicago, our partner institutions, and in the community
- Determine the molecular underpinnings of disease and disease predisposition
- Engage our community at all stages of the research process and provide useful health information
- Provide infrastructure that promotes novel translational research and clinical advances
- Create a more unified research environment committed to results
Explore our website to learn more about the exciting opportunities the ITM offers to researchers and community members alike, including:
You can also learn about many of the ground-breaking advances we’re making across the translational science spectrum on our News page.
To stay up to date on ITM news and events, join our listserv.